Sunday 21 September 2008

Switching allegiance?


© Magnus Andersson

I have been on a week long holiday from work, so while I've been busy walking around the Jurassic coast of Dorset (more later), Canon has made me wanna switch. This is BIG news in the industry but as I have been out of touch for the last few days and most of you already know this, I'll spare you the details. If you must know, Vincent Laforet sums it up best on his blog.

Canon just kick ass at the moment and they have also just announced the G10 as well, so my birthday present is set. I'm all too sorry, but Nikon seems to have messed up the P6000 in favour of this new beast. I dont need 14.1MP, but at least the RAW files will be usable and its 28mm wide.

The D3 still sets the bar for AF performance though, so the sports shooters out there need not worry. The D3 is still the camera for photojournalism but Canon has laid down an aggresive marker against Nikon by pricing the 5d MkII at $2700. If Canon doesnt already rule your world, they will soon. Nikon are back in the passenger seat.

ps. above picture shot on a Canon P&S; the non-remarkable SD 850 IS, which blows out high lights for fun and has serious focusing problems.

No comments: