Wednesday 11 June 2008

Doom & gloom


© Magnus Andersson

OK, so I haven't posted much the last few days, but its been quite hectic, what with one of our team on holiday, so us three photographers are taking turns doing the imaging (processing images for press), which meant that there's only two photographers available for assignments, hence we're rushed off our feet.

The second reason is football. Euro 2008 is under way and Sweden notched up a 2-0 against Greece last night, so well done the lads, but I have to say it wasnt very entertaining. I shouted at the TV most of the time.

The third reason is not really a reason, but its depressing none the less. A brilliant conversation between two photographers talking about the difference between UK & US in terms of photography. Maybe its time to start applying for that Green Card lottery?

However, its not all doom and gloom for me as I'll be going on holiday again on Friday, and for a week or so I can forget about it and just go fishing, canoeing and camping with my dad, hang with my nieces and only carry a small compact camera where I go. Yippy ki yay, motherfucker.

After that we have Wimbledon, and I've got my pass and my long lens ready. I've never been before, and we never really shoot sport here at the paper, so it should be much fun and lots of mistakes to be had.

Picture: taken while I was still studying photojournalism at uni; the then London Mayor Ken Livingstone on the day he refused to apologise for likening a Jewish reporter to a concentration camp guard.

No comments: