Friday 23 January 2009


Winchelsea at night, ISO200. LX3 on f2.0 @ 60s, supported by the aerial of my car. © Magnus Andersson 2009

I'm still in holiday mode I'm afraid, I had an extended weekend and took the opportunity to go down the south coast of England, which is absolutely beautiful in parts, and as a bonus you have the faded seaside glamour, and you just cant beat stumbling upon an old man's pub in the middle of Hastings - Monday night - and they have live blues and the place is packed to the rafters.

Work has really kicked in as well with the three of us being worked to the limit these last few days (12h for me on a Wednesday), I think that's why I haven't had time to blog, but also, I haven't had time to read the 30+ photo blogs I normally religiously follow, so perhaps its the equivalent of people detoxing during January; I put the blog/s on the back burner?

Anyhoot, as a photographer I don't really care about the pixel race, but as a Nikon lover (not die hard - cameras are tools), I thought this was quite funny, and with rumours of Nikon putting out the D3X with HD video, it seems like Canon might be in a spot of trouble. Which obviously means you have to read the blog of Chuck Westfall, CEO of Canon America, for his honest opinions on their corporate troubles [pinch of salt required].


Beachy Head, South Downs Coast © Magnus Andersson 2009

And yes, the Panasonic DMC-LX3 is a fantastic camera, versatile and portable, it goes wherever I go, no exceptions, as these two photo's will testify.

No comments: