Tuesday 16 March 2010

Back in ten


Notice on an office door in Blackheath. © Magnus Andersson

Hmm, there has been a void on the blog, getting close to a two week hiatus, but honestly, not a lot has been going on. OK, I lie, quite a few things has been going on and I have started four blog posts on various issues but thankfully I didn't hit publish on those. Some things are better kept off the radar.

But I have been quite busy; the good BA Photojournalism students at LCC turned up for my guest lecture and despite a stupid fire alarm going off in the middle of it - and subsequent full evacuation of the building - which dented the full presentation, it was great to see the next generation of snappers and their enthusiasm. I might have scared them about the future of newspapers. Sorry about that, but things are changing at the moment. Hopefully there will be some clarity soon.

Two hours isn't anywhere near enough for a talk though. Thanks goes out to Nigel Tanburn for having me once again, but can I have three hours next time, please?

I've also had a meeting about a new project that hopefully will see some Hasselblad action as well. It's a strange one as it will ultimately result in a play but there will be an exhibition to go with it, and perhaps more. My poor medium format kit has been gathering dust but this might be a good opportunity to get back to some 6x6 framing. The project will run in the next 6-8 weeks and I'll update you nearer to the finish.

Oh, and my colleague Rob handed in his notice today, so all you snappers looking for a job, there might be something coming up in the next few weeks at the paper! Prepare your CV's and all that BUT...given the current management policy of 'saving' money by not employing/replacing staff, don't hold your breath on this one just yet. I'll keep you posted though.

That's all for now, I'm going back to blowing balloon's.

No comments: