Wednesday 1 July 2009

France here we come!


Graffitti as part of a sculpture park on the top floors of Peckham Rye multistory car park which opened yesterday, 30/06/09, for three months. It has a temporary bar and cafe and nearly 30 artists are exhibiting their works. © Magnus Andersson

Alright, it was decided today: I will tag along with a whole bunch of Swedish photojournalists to Visa Pour l'Image in Perpignan! Many thanks to Christina at PFK for allowing me to stay in the same hotel as the Swedes, and to Mattias for sorting it out for me. It looks like Mattias and me will also be room mates, which could be a problem...apparently he snores like a duck. Mattias is a veteran though, he went last year, so those readers that understand Swedish can look at his posts from 2008 here.

In other news, it looks like 100 photographers might be loosing their jobs soon, but don't worry, they are from the dark side, they're only police. Whole article from BJP here.

Tomorrow could be good, or it could be bad. OK, not very conclusive I know, but I'm supposed to be photographing the fastest man on the planet, Usain Bolt, and I fear that there will be a posse of other photojournalists, minimizing the chance of coming away with any decent and/or unique picture, but I'll keep you posted.