Saturday 20 February 2010

Snowed in


Snowfall last night, when the card reader was still working. © Magnus Andersson

Back in Sweden for a quick weekend and we have had the most snow we've seen in the last 25 years. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I'm not able to drive out to my brothers place and play with my cousins because the roads are pretty unsafe. Stuck at home on my dad's lo-spec laptop, which cant handle RAW files. Sigh. My card reader has stopped working so I can't download from my compact either. That's the D700 and the LX3 out of commission, at least for blog purposes.

I'm supposed to be flying back to London tomorrow morning but it doesn't look very likely. The flights were cancelled today and the snow hasn't let up so my chances of a speedy return looks very slim. That means buying a new ticket, paying extra for the extended stay at the airport car park, possibly missing out on salary if I'm not back at work on Monday, yada yada, you get the picture.

Anyway, dad and me are going for a walk in the woods no, the silence is incredible. The snow just sucks up all sound around us, its so beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sucks man - sounds ironically good for pic opps !
Gareth D

Magster said...

True. I could easily stay a few weeks when the weather is this crAZY.